Accessing veterinary care
Veterinarians on call 24/7
Office of the Campus Veterinarian
If there is no answer, leave a message. Then call the after-hours line below.
You may be asked to leave a message with the following information:
- Your name
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Nature of emergency
- Others you have contacted about this situation
- Location of the animal (include building and room/pen number)
Flag the cage/pen of the animal needing veterinary attention with a green vet check card. Request additional cards by calling 509-335-6246.
Anytime an animal is found to be abnormal, notify the following individuals:
- Principal investigator and/or research staff
- Animal facility supervisor
- Office of the Campus Veterinarian
Veterinary care for WSU animals
Contact the WSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital for emergencies and scheduled appointments.
Report animal care concerns
Please follow University guidelines when reporting concerns about the care and use of animals.