Veterinary care & consultation
For the WSU research and teaching community
Campus Veterinary Services, a unit within the Office of the Campus Veterinarian, ensures that adequate veterinary care and pre- and post-procedural or surgical care are provided at all times, in accordance with current veterinary medical and nursing practices.
- Emergency care
- Diagnostic testing
- Rodent health monitoring program
- Medical treatment
- Preventive health care
Campus Veterinary Services consults on matters related to animal care, including the following:
- IACUC animal use protocol preparation
- Animal models of human disease
- Animal-related research techniques, including possible refinements
- Anesthesia and analgesia
- Environmental enrichment and social housing
- Spontaneous and experimentally related animal diseases
- Species-specific behaviors and characteristics
- Veterinary Verification and Consultation (VVC) Amendments
Contact Campus Veterinary Services for consultation needs.
Import and Export Management
Laws mandate that you meet specific requirements for the acquisition and transfer of animals used in research, testing, and teaching.
- All Campuses: 509-330-1871
- Report Animal Care Concerns